The Daily English Show travelled around the coast of New Zealand from 1-31 January 2011.
Watch the whole series from day one here:
We started uploading the tour videos from 1 April 2011.
Show 1360 - before the trip.
Show 1361 - after the trip - the day before the tour started online.
Show 1362 - day 1.
Tour playlist - watch the whole tour from day 1.
You can watch the tour on dotSUB - and add captions in your language - great translation practice.
Some photos we uploaded to Facebook during the trip.
We also posted updates to our Facebook page during the trip: http://www.facebook.com/thedailyenglishshow
View The Daily English Show NZ Summer Tour 2011 in a larger map
From day 12 to day 31 we travelled in a United 2 + 1 Premier Motorhome.
Thank you to everyone who helped make this tour possible, especially the staff at United Campervans for organising our accommodation and transport.
Thank you to all the people who talked to us on camera and to the people who helped organize the interviews and activities.
Thank you to everyone we stayed with along the way for the incredible hospitality and delicious food.
And thank you so much to everyone who is helping spread the word about the series!
Jim Mora and Nicole McCarthy talked about the series on Radio New Zealand National Afternoons With Jim Mora on Tuesday 5 April (from 7:15)
Tourism New Zealand featured the series in its February 2011 Japanese newsletter.
Scoop published a press release about the series in March 2011.
Full list of tour shows + transcripts
- #1362 Day 1 - Auckland To Paihia: Motorhomes, Mountains And Beautiful Toilets
- #1363 Day 2 - Paihia To Taputaputa Bay: Waitangi Treaty Grounds, NZ History, Keeping Safe And Eating Well
- #1364 Day 3 - Taputaputa Bay To Opononi: Māori Place Names, Spirits, Sand Dunes And Tā Moko
- #1365 Day 4 - Opononi To Muriwai: Macadamia Nuts, Puzzles, Tāne Mahuta, Blah Blah Blah
- #1366 Day 5 - Muriwai To Raglan: Six Surf Lifeguards, One Dinosaur, Pūkeko And Windmills
- #1367 Day 6 - Raglan To Otorohanga: Wahine Moe Boat Launch, Surfing Lesson In Raglan
- #1368 Day 7 - Otorohanga To Opunake: Big Apple, 3 Sisters, Mike's Beer, BC Surfboards, Kiwi Holiday Parks
- #1369 Day 8 - Opunake To Palmerston North: Parihaka, Opunake Beach Carnival, Patea, Bulls
- #1370 Day 9 - Palmerston North To Wellington: Golf Driving Range, The Square, Swings, NZ's Capital City
- #1371 Day 10 - Wellington To Blenheim: Interislander Ferry To South Island, Sunset Sailing, Kaipupu Point
- #1372 Day 11 - Blenheim To Kaikoura: My Aunty's Garden, 3 Cats, Heaps Of Seals, Salad + Spa
- #1373 Day 12 - Kaikoura To Christchurch: United Campervans, Earthquake Damage, Goodbye Blue Monday
- #1374 Day 13 - Christchurch To Moeraki Boulders: The Dux, The Square, The Wizard, Kapa Haka
- #1375 Day 14 - Moeraki Boulders To Dunedin: World's Steepest Street, Sarah's Birth Place, Dentist
- #1376 Day 15 - Dunedin To Chaslands: Teapotland, Dollyworld, Free Veggies, The Lost Gypsy Gallery
- #1377 Day 16 - Chaslands To Bluff: Whistling Frog Café, Southern Scenic Route, Invercargill
- #1378 Day 17 - Bluff To Te Anau: Famous Yellow Signs, Highway 99, Monkey Island
- #1379 Day 18 - Te Anau To Arrowtown: ConferenceBike, Lifeguards, Takahē, Steam Train, NZ's Longest Lake
- #1380 Day 19 - Arrowtown To Wanaka: Queenstown, Awesome, Kawarau Bridge Bungy Jumping
- #1381 Day 20 - Wanaka To Lake Paringa: Studying English, A Big Hand, A Pony + A Beautiful Moon
- #1382 Day 21 - Lake Paringa To Hokitika: Glaciers, Glowworms, Rainforests + Rain
- #1383 Day 22 - Hokitika To Westport: Saturday Market, Sound Bath, Clock, Pancake Rocks, Weka
- #1384 Day 23 - Westport To Nelson: Blackberries, Rutherford's Birthplace, Sunniest Place In New Zealand
- #1385 Day 24 - Nelson To Wellington: Huge Holiday Park, Coffee + Cookie, Cook Strait Crossing
- #1386 Day 25 - Wellington To Havelock North: Camping In New Zealand, Huge Kiwi, Yeah Right, Te Mata Peak
- #1387 Day 26 - Havelock North To Gisborne: Art Deco Buildings, Koru, Wrights Vineyard + Winery
- #1388 Day 27 - Gisborne To East Cape: Multilingual Mayor, Beautiful Beaches, NZ's Longest Wharf
- #1389 Day 28 - East Cape To Thornton Beach: First Sun, World's Biggest Pōhutukawa, Boy Movie Locations
- #1390 Day 29 - Thornton Beach To Mt Maunganui: Jumping Pillow, Floods, Giant Kiwifruit, Surf Festival
- #1391 Day 30 - Mount Maunganui To Hot Water Beach: Farmers Market, Plants, Planes And Hot Springs
- #1392 Day 31 - Hot Water Beach To Auckland: Hometown Memories, Postcards, Fellow Travellers